What is Laser Liposuction?
Laser Liposuction is a non-invasive procedure that melts fat from outside the body for easy mobilization. It’s a quick solution against minor fat collection in the body and one of the fastest ways to tighten skin. Most of its existing technology has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the US and health departments.
Laser Liposuction targets pockets of fat in areas of the waist, chin, inner and outer thighs, hips, buttocks, upper arms, face, “male breasts”, back of the neck, and pubic mound.
How is Laser Liposuction Performed?
Laser Liposuction is performed in a doctor’s office, usually under local anesthesia for the target fatty areas after being marked. The laser is emitted by a pen-like device that is fired relatively close to the skin. During laser emission, the fat cells break up and the fluid released is drained away by the body’s lymphatic system. In addition, the laser also causes small blood vessels to loosen, which results in less swelling and bleeding. Its effect on skin collagen makes it eventually shrink and tighten.
A normal Laser Liposuction session takes between 30 and 45 minutes to complete.
Risks of Laser Liposuction
Aside from minor bruising and swelling, Laser Liposuction is virtually safe and pain-free. A compression dressing may be provided depending on the treated area and the degree of the bruising. In most cases, bruising fades after two to three days and patients normally are able to go back to their normal routine within 24 hours.
Who Can be Considered for Laser Liposuction?
Individuals who don’t have medical problems like diabetes, liver issues, blood disorders, kidney issues, heart conditions, and skin disorders. They should also be capable of drawing realistic expectations from the procedure and aware of its limitations.
Facts on Laser Liposuction
- Laser Liposuction has been used in conjunction with traditional Liposuction to target small and hard-to-reach fat deposits in the body; it’s usually conducted after Liposuction to refine body contour
- The effects of the treatment are seen right away
- Around 3,500 mL of fat can be melted away in a single session
- In most cases, 2-3 sessions of Laser Liposuction is enough
- Removed fat can be permanent granted the patient takes good care of the improved body, meaning doing enough exercise plus a healthier diet plan will maintain the body’s new look; following the old lifestyle will return the body the way it looked or become even worse